Wednesday, December 1, 2010

We're streaking in the snow....



Yorkshire is covered under a remarkably thick layer of snow. So thick that the miracle happened- I was allowed to close my shop at 6.30! After taking an amazing 188 bets (and a few menacing phone calls, I have to admit) all day, the powers that be decided to let us go early. YAY!

Sometimes, snow seems to bring out the best in people. Like their bums. Don't believe me? Look at these ghastly ghostly captures of The Man braving the elements and, while he was at it, traumatizing the neighbours...






This was a few days ago, when the first layer of snow came down, and I am actually quite happy with the fact that my new stupid compact digital ALDI camera decided to capture a ghost rather than the full monty; at least I do not need to censor anything. Any questions?

Today, my little world looked like this:









Since the photos were taken, the amount of snow almoust doubled- I am kind of giddy about it, even though I am aware of the downsides that come with it.

Tomorrow, I will buy some food for our feathered friends and make sure they have a little landing area in the garden. If I make it up the hill to the shops. If not, they'll have to make do with what I find in the house.

And since there is bugger all else to do, there's loads of time to craft- look at my new necklace!





All you need is crappy pencils the kids reject because they are, well, crappy, a drill, a cutting tool and a few jewellery findings. Behead the pencils, drill holes, connect with eye pins, add chain, wear with pride and stick out from the crowd. Easy.

Tomorrow (hopefully), I will tell you a tale of overseas friendship and crazy jewellery that found its way to my house over the big, big pond. Stay tuned and behead some pencils while you wait! Love you all, folks, you are an amazing bunch.

3 comments:

  1. Oh THATs what they mean by closing the airport and minus 15 temperatures... here in london it is still cosy and warm by comparison (well, minus 5 or so) and not a snowflake in sight. They did close gatwick though which apparently caused some disturbance. England and snow, joy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful things in this post! Adorable beheaded pencils, snow and His Ghostly Tush. So glad you are back on the webs, Steff! Congrats on early closing, go make snow angels. Keep your clothes on, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's all that white stuff? OHHHHHHH, it's his butt!

    I like the necklace, my daughter would totally wear that!

    ReplyDelete